UTAP is a non-profit and non-governmental organization model for empowering rural African communities while keeping indigenous cultures intact. We provide instruction on modified agricultural methods to improve local crops, offer research and resources to attain water security, make available a resilient education plan and introduce computer technology and skills to operate on a level that will meet the community's needs.
Major Mission Areas
- Raise the level of humanitarian cooperation by utilizing the global expertise of professionals from the targeted areas (i.e., professionals from abroad and the African diaspora)
- Drive traditional community efforts to reduce poverty by marrying traditional family models with newer cohesive models that improves accountability.
- Promote rural irrigation and water drainage and retention for food and water security
- Bring a new non-governmental, nonpolitical economic development and sustainable model for Africa.
- Develop a literacy toolbox to allow other traditional communities to emulate that marries traditional values and ownership to avoid waste and abuse
- Provide valuable technology and resources to help build capacity to enhance education (Environment, Water, & Self Reliance)
- Sustain a media awareness across the target areas to raise awareness and leadership emulation that is educational, environment sound for self-reliance
- Make UTAPAFRICA a global leader in boosting traditional technology and literacy in agricultural business by reducing urban migration.
UTAP, a model of accountability, transparency, and integrity, is a laboratory for learning, testing new ways to serve constituents, and modeling new approaches to existing constant failures in Africa.